If you are tired all the time you may have already heard the term "active rest". Studies show that prolonged periods in bed for Chronic Fatigue sufferers are not beneficial. My experience and research as a Homeopath has led me to make certain recommendations to patients that seem to give good results. This article will focus on what active steps you can take, if you have been diagnosed with Chronic fatigue. If you want to know how important your Adrenals are in this illness read Part 1 here. Part 3 will focus on Nutrition.
But I'm too tired to exercise!
The Secret of Routine
What is Active Rest?
- Wake between 7-8am
- Breakfast within 30 minutes of waking
- Mid morning protein based snack followed by 30 -45 minutes active rest.
- Lunch at midday
- Horizontal sleep or meditation for 1 hour after lunch
- Mid afternoon protein based snack
- Dinner between 6-7pm
- Bedtime 10-10.30pm but in bed reading/resting 30 mins before
- When you have activities that prohibit this routine try and schedule your time before the activity to include an extra rest.