Homeopaths can seem strange creatures sometimes don’t you think? A patient coming to their first Homeopathic consultation can be more than a little surprised by what questions their homeopath will ask. Sam Adkins, The Homeopathic Coach gives you some inside information….
Let’s face it, most new Homeopathic patients have been used to the conventional paradigm of health which focusses on the physical symptoms.
Homeopaths approach a case differently and try and understand the whole person (as my regular readers will know). Now, clearly a Homeopath will want to understand the physical details about your complaint (we refer to the problem you bring as a ‘presenting complaint); and your medical history, as well as the medical history of your parents and immediate family.
They will then seem to ask seemingly irrelevant questions and for those of you who have not had a homeopathic consultation before, here are the top 12 most curious questions a homeopath might ask you!
- Why have you come to see me today?
- How do you feel about this problem/issue/complaint?
- Were you breastfed/For how long?
- Were you vaccinated? Any reactions?
- Have you ever had eczema/asthma/allergies?
- How do you sleep/what position/any dreams?
- Which foods do you crave/strongly dislike?
- How would your friends describe you as a person?
- Are there any aspects of you that you would like to change?
- Do you ever get angry/how/why?
- What are the most significant events in your life so far? Why?
- What is the desired outcome of your homeopathic treatment in the short/medium/longterm?
All Homeopaths have their own versions of these but they all have the same goal….to elicit sufficient information that enables them to understand at that first meeting WHO YOU ARE and how this relates to your complaint.
This seemingly bizarre set of questions helps the homeopath select the homeopathic medicine that fits WHO you are in order to treat your complaint.
So, if you are thinking about making your first appointment with your Homeopath, now you will certainly know what to expect! For more insider information take a peek at “Are YOU a good Homeopathic Patient?”
If you want clear information on how to treat a wide range of First Aid situations look no further than the Homeopathic Coach Guide to First Aid at www.thehomeopathiccoach.com
Happy Homeopathic home prescribing!
© Sam Adkins 2008
Would you like to include this article in your newsletter or website?
You can as long as you include the following blurb with it:
This article was brought to you by Sam Adkins The Homeopathic Coach who publishes the ezine Homeopathy@Home to provide free Homeopathic tips, tools and resources to educate and inspire you to use Homeopathy at home. www.thehomeopathiccoach.com