It often occurs to me that if many of us just knew a little bit more about how to move ourselves from ill-health to health, or to move from average health to tip top vibrancy, we would all be happier. I cannot profess to have all the answers, but in this aticle I want to share with you some of the key strategies that I have found from both personal and professional experience, actually make a profound difference, whatever your health starting point might be.
Before I start with the top 10 tips I have to tell you that I wanted to write at least 20! When you begin to see what changes can be made, and think about information that may just make a difference to the health of other people, it’s very hard to decide what to leave out! However, in the interests of keeping my posts short and sweet, here are my 10!
- Eat more living and raw foods in your diet and remove processed and refined foods. If you are already aware of the idea of increasing raw food in your diet you will understand that this is because raw food is literally packed with life force, enzymes, water, oxygen, hormones, vitamins and minerals. No-one has processed it or changed it, and it is just as nature produced it. As Karen Knowler says, raw food is “living food for living bodies”. Once you start eating it you will immediately notice the difference not only in your physical body, but also on the mental and emotional levels too. The easiest way to give yourself a raw food boost is by raw juicing.
- View yourself as a complex and beautifully balanced system capable of profound healing.Then you will know that when things go awry not only do YOU have the capacity to put it right but that you can do that in a holistic way.
- Recognise that physical, mental and emotional symptoms are signs of an underlying imbalance. Do some work to understand what the underlying imbalance is and what your system is telling you. Once this is a common part of your understanding you will find answers to your health issues in all kinds of interesting places. Here’s a tip: the answers do NOT usually lie in the use of pharmaceutical drugs!
- Use complementary medicines such as Homeopathy, Acupuncture, Naturopathy and Nutrition. These medicines support your system and work with it; and in the case of Homeopathy, provide it with the catalyst to heal itself.
- Combat daily stresses with a routine that does not get put aside when things are busy. Find ways to de-stress and do them regularly. Think of it like changing the oil in your car….if you don’t take steps to create balance in your busy life, things will certainly break down over time.
- Learn a new skill from time to time. Even if it’s a small thing like cooking a new recipe, or bigger like learning a new language, new experiences allow us to re-experience WHO WE ARE in the world, and act as opportunities to nourish and give back to ourselves.
- Spend as much time as possible with people you love. When you are busy working and with your life, its so easy to feel stretched and your couch becomes your social life. Mutually loving relationships feed our souls.
- Find some beauty everyday. Even in a city, a simple sight of someone’s smile, or a bird on a wire can serve to re-invigorate and give a moment’s rest to your busy mind. Recognise a moment of beauty, enjoy it and permit it to rest you.
- Look at your health patterns. Do you get sick the same time each year? What are your triggers? What preventative steps can you take to stop this cycle? Sometimes just seeing a pattern helps big changes to come. Homeopaths are expert in identifying patterns and strengthening your immune systems to prevent ill-health.
- Don’t wait until you are sick and in crisis to take action on your health! See looking after your self with preventative medicines such as Homeopathy, as an investment in your self, time and money. You are so worth it and it is time to treat yourself as the perfect being that you are!
For more information on health and Homeopathy visit The Homeoapthic Coach website and to have an online skype consult with Sam herself go here.
Happy Homeopathic prescribing 🙂
If you want regular homeopathic inspiration from The Homeopathic Coach, visit her new blog and join as a member to be the first in line for new tips and offers as they are released!
© Sam Adkins 2010
Would you like to include this article in your newsletter or website?
You can as long as you include the following blurb with it:
This article was brought to you by Sam Adkins The Homeopathic Coach who teaches families about healthy living and natural remedies using homeopathic medicine. An internationally renowned expert, her helpful articles are regularly syndicated online. She publishes the ezine Homeopathy@Home to provide free Homeopathic tips, tools and resources to educate and inspire you to use Homeopathy at home. www.thehomeopathiccoach.com